How do you identify yourself?
For me this has always been easy. I knew, or at least I thought I knew, exactly who I was. I knew what I loved, I knew what I wanted to be, and I knew exactly what I believed. There was a time when ll of things were so easy for me. I never questioned my identity.
The past couple of years of my life have been quite challenging, and the experience alone has been very eye opening. I am not sure exactly who I am anymore. Sometimes so much so that I don't even recognize the person staring back at me in the mirror. I have found that things are not nearly as clear and black and white as I once believed.
What do you do when this happens? The only logical thing to do is start over. Wipe the slate clean, take a few much needed steps back, and regroup. That is what I am doing.
I decided to take a a break from crossfit which has been very challenging. I find myself questioning who I am without it. I am going to start completely over with my approach to exercise and nutrition and try to find the joy that I once had. I have decided that I have to disconnect emotionally which I think will help as well. Who knows. It is definitely a process.
Here's to new beginnings.
No comments:
Post a Comment