Appearances can be very deceiving...understatement of the year of course. Sometimes we find ourselves associating a beautiful appearance with happiness. In fact, this concept is thought to be true in many situations. However, that is the most common misconception with appearances, because happiness is not found there. Take my situation for example...I have been 200#, 315#, 220#, 178#, and back and forth. But no matter how many times my appearance changes one thing remains, happiness did not come and go with the weight. In fact, I was just as unhappy at 178# as 315#...it may have changed its direction...but unhappiness was always there. So what does this mean? Should I stop caring so much about what I look like?
Honestly, I don't think that is it at all. I think caring about my appearance is important, but I also think finding what it is that drives that obsession is equally as important. I mean if I only care about looking like other people....then I am in trouble. I will never be happy, because that is not what I am supposed to look like. This is a big part of the journey. Accepting who you are and how you were made is just a part of life...and sometimes it sucks!
Today, sucked food wise.
Bf: Protein Shake
L: Chips and Green Sauce, Cabo Salad, COKE ZERO :(
S: A little icee
D: Subway Sandwich, 2 oatmeal cookies
Workout: (Thanks to Crossfit Champions)
400m run
20 squats
20 ring rows
20 pushups
20 lunges
shoulder press 3@80#, 3@95#, 6@105#
4x3min AMRAP (1 min rest)
150m farmer carry, ME jumping squats (46)
400m run, ME bentover row (25) @55#
100DU, ME ring rows (12)
500m row, ME db snatches @30# (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment