Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 2 - The Big Picture

Sometimes it is very challenging to see the big picture through the day to day struggles. I mean how can you possibly know. It is what make tv series so intriguing. There is always that anticipation and suspense that keeps us wondering what will happen next. Our lives offer the same experience. Every choice we make has a small ripple effect that adjusts the big picture slightly, so how can we be sure what that picture is suppose to look like. I can see where I want to be and what I want to do, and in the moment it is quite easy to make the right decisions to help get me there. But then the story slows down and we get distracted and it almost seems like that picture is so far away that the moments right now don't make as much. It sucks but it is what it is. We have to find a way to push through, and that is what makes us who we are. It defines us.

Today was one of those days for me. My big goal this week was to give up sodas. So far so good here, but the urge to eat junk unfortunately is still there. I wish that food was not an issue for me, but let's be real here...that is not something that will go away over night.

So here it is:

Food Log
Bf: Protein Shake
S: Cliff Bar
Lunch: Salmon and Steamed Veggies (by far one of my favorite meals)
S: Protein Shake with Peanut Butter
D: Salmon and Steamed Veggies (extra piece of salmon)
S: (Here is where the trouble lies) Popcorn and Goldfish

Food Analysis:
Overall, not a bad day with the exception of the snacking tonight. I am not even sure what I was thinking there. But I did make it through another day without drinking soda, and I plan to keep that up. I did learn earlier this week that salmon is considered a fatty fish...which really sucks because it is my favorite. I plan to go back to my broiled chicken when I go back to the grocery store.

Exercise: 
First day at Planet Fitness
5 minute warm-up jog
DB Chest Press 3x15 @ 30#
DB Bentover Row 3x10 @ 35#
Overhead Walking Lunges 3x12 @ 50#
Lateral Shoulder Raises 3x10 @ 15#
Deadlift 3x10 @ 60#
Assisted Pullups 4@85#, 4@70#, 3@55#, 2@40#, 6@100#
Back Squat 3x10 @ 115#
Tabata Abs 3x each
   Weighted Flutter Kicks @ 25#
   Legit Situps @ 25#
   Planks Holds
1 mile run in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment