What exactly does being content look like or, better yet, what does it feel like? This question can be challenging to answer. A good friend once told me that being happy is a choice. That no matter what the circumstances look like, happiness is always a choice. This is a lot easier said than done at times. I find myself now battling this very choice. Not being able to do what I love to do and having to ultimately settle for something else has been very heart breaking. But I have decided that I have to make that choice. I have decided that despite the circumstances surrounding this choice I am choosing to be happy with it. I am choosing to be grateful for the ability to still do what makes me happy even if it's not how I would like to do it.
I wish that it would not have taken me as long to get here, but unfortunately that is how life works. We have to fall before we can get up. Here's to getting up!
Food Log
Bf: Protein Shake, Oatmeal
L: Salata Salad (salata mix, kale, cucumber, carrots, broccoli, peas, black beans, cilantro, corn, cranberries, seafood mix, avocado, walnuts, egg, feta cheese, bacon, croutons, herb vinaigrette)
S: Nutrigrain Bar
D: Tilipia, steamed veggies
S: Popcorn
Food Analysis:
No soda again....small success. Could have done without the popcorn obviously, but that's better than junk food. Need to go back to eating the salad without dressing....it's an acquired taste but totally doable and will save god knows how many calories. Dinner was good, and I am really glad that I choose not to just grab something while we were out. My daily goal is to make a healthy substitution as many times during the day as I can. For accountability purposes, let's say twice a day. That is easy to do.
Exercise:
20 minute Jog on Treadmill - Random @5.0
Quad Ext. 3x12@65#
Ham Curl 3x12@65#
Single Leg Press 3x8@50#
Reverse Grip Pullups 3x every minute @40#\50# (6 round)
Front Squats 3x every 90sec for 5 rounds @ 65#, 115#, 135#, 155#, 165#
Lat Pulls 3x6@100#
DB snatches 10@30#, 10@35#, 10@40#
EMOM for 4 @20#
5 DB squat cleans
5 front squats
5 push press
Every 30 secs for 5 minutes
3 DB Thrusters @ 20#
No comments:
Post a Comment