Monday, August 17, 2015

The Journey Begins with Acceptance

It's funny how we as humans we are all looking for this sense of approval from others. Even when we tell ourselves that we don't care what other people think, I believe that deep down we are all looking to be accepted. I think this is a big part of the journey, and acceptance can translate into many things. For me, right now, acceptance is allowing myself to become part of the process and learning to enjoy it. Sounds simple right?

It is simple especially when I am sitting behind my computer. LOL. Truthfully, it is challenging in the heat of the moment when you want to be able to eat like everybody else or when things still aren't going like you think they should. It is easier to just say "ok, forget it...I give up", but that is what makes this a process. Accepting that this is all part of the journey and realizing that you are just like everybody else. We all have our own battles to fight, and, unfortunately, most of those battles are under the surface.

I also think we as people get so wrapped up in our own stories and battles that we forget that we all share this one similarity...we are all screaming 'please be ok with me'. It is easy for me stand back and see people that are thin and believe that they have no idea what I am going through. It is easy for me to believe that they are judging me and that my appearance is all they see. It is easy to believe the lie that they will never accept me for who I because I don't look like them. However, that is just what it is...a lie. People who are meant to be in your life will accept you for who are as long as you can accept who you are as well.

Here is today's progress:
I weighed and measured (very frustrating moment)this morning and made the commitment to stick with this.

Food Log:
Breakfast: Protein Shake and 1\2c oatmeal
Snack: 7 fresh baby carrots
Lunch: 3.5oz chicken breast, steamed veggies, 1\3 sweet potatoe, and an apple
Snack: 1.5c of raw broccoli and cauliflower (coworkers are not big fans lol)
Dinner: Pork Roast, Steamed Veggies, Apple
Snack: Protein Shake (super hungry)

Workout:
Overall, I would say today was pretty successful. I am very thankful for all of the kind words and encouragement as well. Definitely makes it easier to stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment